Morehead City, NC
Closes: Thursday, February 29, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, accounting, public administration, educational administration, or a related field, or equivalent education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ten (10) years of increasingly responsible administrative and financial/budgeting experience in a community college setting or an organization of comparable complexity. Strong collaboration, innovation, and leadership skills.
- Effective communicator with solid listening skills and problem-solving acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with the ability to make strategic decisions that align with the college's mission and goals.
- Ability to create a responsive budget and supporting processes and ability to interpret data to understand IT support needs and synthesize that information into staffing requirements and assignments.
- Develop community contacts and work with diverse community groups and individuals.
Preferred: Knowledge of North Carolina Community College and/or State budgeting and financial management practices.
See minimum qualifications
Carteret Community College, located in the picturesque coastal town of Morehead City, NC, is seeking a highly qualified and dynamic professional to join our leadership team as the Vice-President of Finance and Administrative Services. As a key member of the executive team, the successful candidate will play a crucial role in advancing the college's mission of providing accessible, high-quality education and workforce training to our diverse community.
Interested candidates should submit our online application and attach a cover letter with a resume. Applications will be accepted through February 29, 2024.
The Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services serves as the chief financial officer and is responsible to the President for all business and fiscal affairs of the College; plans, directs, and reviews the activities and operations of general accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, purchasing, campus information technology, security, and auxiliary services; coordinates assigned activities with other College operations and outside agencies; and provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the College President and Board of Trustees.
- Provide innovative leadership, vision, planning, training opportunities, supervision and evaluation for all personnel and services provided by financial services & purchasing, information technology, security and auxiliary services.
- Develop and implement short-range and long-range operational and capital expenditure plans to support future development of the College.
- Coordinate and direct a budget development process that is built on effective and responsive communication that results in a spending plan reflective of the College's strategic plan.
- Direct the preparation of financial reports as required by law; prepare various financial reports and analyses as requested by higher level management.
- Develop, plan, and implement departmental goals and objectives; provide leadership for all areas of responsibility in accountability, outcomes assessment, and institutional effectiveness.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend improvements to the College's accounting and financial internal control systems and procedures to safeguard the assets of the College; coordinate annual audit activities; prepare annual audit reports.
- Provide direction, coordination and oversight for leases and acquisitions, insurance and tort liability claims and equipment inventory verification.
- Serve as college risk manager; provide adequate insurance and risk management. Recommend changes in College policies, business continuity and security plans.
- Supervise the negotiation and administration of contracts with outside vendors and State contractors; review completed projects for contract compliance and take appropriate action to resolve differences.
- Act as liaison with state and federal entities, accrediting associations, other institutions of higher education, community agencies, and business and industry.
- Advise the President of the College on matters related to corporate and community education programs.
- Participate on the President’s Leadership Team in making leadership decisions.
- Collaborate with other leadership and departments as necessary to achieve College mission and strategic direction.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557