Closes: Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
The successful candidate shall possess all of the following:
- Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution; and
- Five years of increasingly responsible administrative and professional experience in a higher education organization with comparable complexity to that of the College; and
- Successful implementation of team leadership and effective interpersonal communication
- Demonstrable competence in financial planning, budget development and control, capital
planning, construction, enterprise risk management, compliance, facility operations,
auxiliary services and personnel management.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by 2/16/18.
The Finance and Administrative Services Unit, under the leadership of Dr. Kandi Deitemeyer, President, provides the financial planning, processing, and reporting systems and services necessary to support the College’s mission. The Finance and Administrative Services Unit is committed to supporting CPCC’s mission, vision, and strategic goals to advance the life-long educational development of our students and strengthen our community. We accomplish this by providing high-quality assistance and service to students, faculty, staff, and our community partners. We strive to make all services available as needed, and we proactively seek to enhance our knowledge and understanding of the financial and administrative functions for which we are responsible, while ensuring compliance with policies and regulations.
The College is currently seeking to fill the position of Vice President Finance and Administrative Services. This position exists to plan, organize, oversee, and direct the College’s financial planning, business operations, Personnel Services, College Auxiliary Services, Facilities Services, Internal Audit and Compliance, Purchasing and other Commodity Services, and Enterprise Risk Management; to organize and direct budget preparation, to oversee facility construction; to ensure that assigned functions fulfill College goals and objectives; to supervise assigned staff, and to provide highly complex and responsible staff assistance to the President.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements and administers goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures necessary to provide assigned services and functions to College departments and programs.
- Directs the development and implementation of long-range and operational financial plans to support the mission and planned development of the College.
- Participates as a member of the College’s leadership team; prepares work programs, budget requests, and quarterly reports; researches and prepares detailed reports on a variety of College management topics, as appropriate; seeks collaborative opportunities.
- Organizes, coordinates, and supervises the development of the annual budget; ensures the fiscal integrity of the College; oversees risk management programs.
- Coordinates assigned programs and activities with those of other College units, departments, and/or programs.
- Provides staff assistance to the President and Board of Trustees as requested; prepares and presents staff reports and other necessary correspondence.
- Acts as Chief Financial Advisor to the President; reviews and advises on contractual matters.
- Makes recommendations for selection, training, motivation, and evaluation of administrative staff; establishes and monitors employee performance objectives; prepares and presents employee performance appraisals; provides or coordinates staff training; works with employees to correct deficiencies; implements disciplinary procedures.
- Supervises and directs the College’s program of Financial Services, College Services, and Personnel Services. Ensures that operations meet the goals and objectives of the College and the needs of the student population, outside college constituent groups, and College staff. Recommends new or modified systems, policies, and procedures for assigned functions.
- Directs the development and administration of the budget for assigned functions; directs the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitors and approves expenditures; makes mid-year corrections.
- Maintains awareness of current developments in management, higher education, and fields related to assigned functions.
- Serves on a variety of committees and task forces; researches and develops recommendations related to human resources and organizational development at the College.
- Represents the College at community and outside organization functions as appropriate.
- Oversees Facilities Services Department, construction and capital acquisitions.
- Oversees Internal Audit and Compliance Department. Performs related duties as assigned.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
The Vice President Finance and Administrative Services must be able to do all of the following:
- Analyze problems; identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed
actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion and be a team player.
- Help the College to obtain its equal opportunity goals and demonstrate sensitivity to
the needs of a culturally diverse staff and student body.
- Develop, interpret, and apply College policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain effective working relationships with members of the community, the student
population, and College academic and administrative staff.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Prepare and analyze administrative and statistical reports, statements, and correspondence.
Salary for this position is negotiable. CPCC offers an excellent benefits package to full-time employees including Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Education Benefits, Disability and more.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact