Closes: Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in accounting or related field required.
- At least five years of senior-level financial management experience required.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office application software or similar software and database systems for business and finance required.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Higher education/community college experience preferred.
The Vice President for Finance, Operations, and Facilities is the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) for the College and serves on the President’s senior leadership Executive Council. The position is responsible for providing administrative leadership for the College's Accounting Services, Purchasing, Shipping and Receiving, Auxiliary Services, Facilities Operations and Management, and Technology Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) responsible for all finance, operations, and facilities matters for the College (i.e., Dallas Campus, Kimbrell Campus and Textile Technology Center, and Lincoln Campus).
- Serve as a member of the President’s Executive Council.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the following: Accounting Services (i.e., Business Office, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Shipping and Receiving, Auxiliary Services (i.e., bookstore, café, vending, and event management), Facilities Operations and Management (i.e., maintenance, housekeeping, building and grounds, management of new construction and renovation projects, and periodic review and update of the College’s Facilities Master Plan), and Technology Services (i.e., computer systems administration, network services, computer technical support, telephone system support, and design, printing, and mail services).
- Oversee compliance with federal and state guidelines related to expenditures of funds, appropriate delegations of authority, and related reporting requirements.
- Assist the President with budget forecast and financial analysis for the College, which includes the State, Gaston County, and Lincoln County Budgets.
- Participate in institutional planning and ensure compliance with all accrediting agencies and State, Federal, and Local standards.
- Responsible for the review, development, monitoring and compliance of all fiscal policies, procedures, controls, rules and regulations associated with the financial aspects of the College, including responses to state audits or similar recommendations. Monitor the various programs associated with Finance, Operations, and Facilities and establish and maintain the necessary systems, policies, and practices to ensure the College is, and remains, financially sound.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction for the Finance, Operations, and Facilities Division to ensure that staff members maintain a high level of customer service at all times.
- Direct the administration of funds for Federal programs.
- Direct and review the propriety of College contracts, licenses, and permits.
- Responsible for maintaining the College's liability insurance programs.
- Assist the President with Board of Trustees development and information as they relate to the Finance, Operations, and Facilities Division. Serve as the staff liaison for the Finance and Facilities Committees of the Board of Trustees. Attend all meetings of the Board of Trustees and present monthly reports for financial and capital projects.
- Monitor all investments of the College and maintain records relating to such activities.
- Provide leadership as necessary with various government and community entities to advance the College’s mission and vision.
- Serve as Executive Council liaison and non-voting member of the Staff Senate.
- Serve on committees in support of the College’s mission.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including special projects.
- Generally works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact