Closes: Monday, June 14, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Master’s degree from an accredited institution. Note: Degrees must be from a college accredited by a United States Department of Education accepted accrediting agency such as SACSCOC.
• Proven leadership in change management, strategic planning, fiscal, development and/or grant management, and program sustainability.
• Demonstrated experience and commitment to the delivery of high-quality diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives that achieve established goals.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including written, oral, listening, and presentation, and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a diverse environment.
• Ability to provide visionary leadership that helps to influence organizational culture.
• Strong knowledge of federal and state employment, civil rights and equal opportunity laws.
• Proven ability to work tactfully and sensitively with various campus and community groups.
• Master’s degree in human resources management, management, industrial psychology, organizational development or a related discipline.
• Progressively responsible experience in human resources management and diversity, equity and inclusion work.
• Previous administrative or teaching experience in education, non-profit, public or similar settings desirable.
Forsyth Technical Community College is seeking a qualified Vice President for Inclusive Excellence & Employee Care to join our team. Please refer to the job description below for responsibilities, position requirements and the process to apply. This position will remain open until filled, however interested candidates should apply by June 14, 2021 to receive full consideration.
The Vice President of Inclusive Excellence and Employee Care (VPIEEC) provides senior leadership for all aspects of the college’s organizational development, human resources, and equity, diversity, and inclusion programs. The VPIEEC is a member of the President’s Executive Leadership Team (ELT), and the College’s ADA, EEO, and Title IX Compliance Officer.
The VPIEEC also serves as the College’s Chief Diversity Officer, providing college-wide leadership and accountability in advancing a culture of belonging for all students and employees. The VPIEEC leads the College’s work to develop, ensure and sustain equity, diversity and inclusive excellence as integral to and embedded in the College’s culture. In collaboration with the President, staff and faculty, and community partners, the VPIEEC leads implementation of an intentional and comprehensive institutional equity and inclusion plan.
The VPIEEC develops the organization from a culture and performance perspective by creating, implementing, and assessing programs which improve the overall health of the college.
• Serves on the President’s Executive Leadership Team charged with partnering with the President and other senior leaders to design, implement, and lead strategic initiatives.
• Leads efforts to develop and sustain an organizational culture of belonging, inclusive excellence, and employee care through employee development, performance management, organizational communications, and employee relations.
• Leads the development and implementation of a multi-year Forsyth Tech College Equity and Inclusion Action Plan to serve as a roadmap for ensuring and sustaining diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence throughout College divisions.
• Develops data and feedback mechanisms to ensure ongoing process improvement and the ability to address DEI concerns from students & employees.
• Leads the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategy for employee professional development, including programs that promote equity and inclusion, and build and strengthen the College’s culture of belonging.
• Works collaboratively with College partners to develop strategies to recruit, retain, and sustain the success of employees and students from diverse backgrounds.
• Ensures the College’s human resources and inclusive excellence goals and priorities align with institutional strategy and are in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
• Provides leadership and guidance to the Associate Vice President of Human Resources (AVPHR) who is responsible for leading recruitment, selection, and placement of faculty and staff.
• Serves as the official co-custodian, along with the AVPHR, for all records of personnel employed at the college and oversees access/confidentiality of employee files as required by state and federal laws.
• Works with the AVPHR to direct and establish procedures for the recommendation of personnel actions to the President.
• Supports the AVPHR with administration, development and maintenance of the human resources management information systems and college-wide compensation program.
• Works with the AVPHR to direct the development and management of comprehensive benefit programs.
• Works with the AVPHR and other ELT partners to initiate and develop policies, procedures, and guidelines related to human resources and inclusive excellence.
• Interprets federal and state regulations and laws and collaborates with college administrators and executive staff on policy, management, and diversity issues.
• Consults with college attorneys as needed to ensure that college policies and human resource management decisions are in compliance with federal and state laws.
• Serves as the Chief Diversity Officer, ADA Compliance Officer and Title IX Officer, ensuring that pertinent policies, procedures, and regulations are met. Oversees the implementation of the College’s equal access/equal opportunity grievance procedures, direct the investigation of all complaints of discrimination and provide recommendations to the President.
• Responsible for developing accurate and timely state and federal reports where applicable, as well as assessing, analyzing, monitoring, and reporting institutional staffing patterns, and other relevant inclusive excellence statistics.
• Supports the work of the AVPHR in the development of policies, procedures, programs, and strategies to provide employee access to on-going professional development programs including leadership and talent development programs, new employee onboarding, compliance training, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Interested candidates please apply on the Forsyth Tech careers portal at careers.forsythtech.edu