Rocky Mount, NC
Closes: Friday, October 15, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s Degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution with 5 years’ relevant experience.
Responsible for the administration and coordination of assigned credit and non-credit instructional programs, related services, and operations relating to NCC’s programs including oversight of NCCCS program approvals, programmatic accreditations and approvals and coordinator of Perkins grant.
- Initiate planning and implementation of the effective provision of instructional programs and services consistent with NCC mission, including instructional professional development associated with student learning outcomes.
- Develop biannual academic calendar for approval and publication, including faculty workdays.
- Prepare annual instructor certification roster.
- Supervise the facilities and programs utilizing Perkins Vocational Educational program funding.
- Evaluate supervisees and review evaluations of faculty according to NCC’s evaluation procedures.
- Ensure accurate FTE reporting, associated with curriculum programs, to NCCCS and appropriate record keeping as required.
- Provide reports to the College’s Senior Leadership Team and Administrative Council as requested.
- Assist in the development of facility planning, including educational specifications in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Recommend policies and procedures and/or changes to enhance the efficient and effective operation of NCC.
- Assist with system planning and implementation as directed by the NCCCS.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of NCC’s annual Strategic Plan.
- Counsel with Associate Vice President(s), Deans and Associate Deans, Department Chairs and Directors concerning personnel and make recommendations to the President for action including, but not limited to, hiring, transfers, disciplinary matters, suspensions, and release of employees.
- Process all paperwork for student petitions regarding the Student Affairs Committee.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of articulation agreements, cooperative agreements, and collaborations with transfer institutions and partner organizations.
- Attend conferences of associations and institutions of higher education and maintain other professional contacts.
- Coordinate to maintain consistency with North Carolina Statutes, State Board of Community Colleges regulations, and Nash Community College Board of Trustees policy.
- Supervise assigned Department Chairs, directors and other instructional support personnel
- Serve as the chair of the Curriculum Committee, and confer with chairs and directors regarding course offerings and scheduling.
- Establish high educational performance standards, and hold the instructional faculty and staff responsible for the effective discharge of their assigned duties.
- Responsible for, in coordination with the Public Relations Department, the development, publication, and distribution of the annual academic calendar for curriculum and continuing education, including the review material to be included in NCC Catalog, consistent with federal, state and local requirements.
- Certify, in conjunction with the Vice President Student of Services and the Registrar, candidates for graduation who have met graduation requirements.
- Coordinate and monitor, through the Deans, Directors, and Chairs, all instructional contracts between NCC and outside agencies.
- Coordinate the activities associated with program advisory committees in accordance with the Board of Trustees policy.
- Oversee the budgetary process and fiscal management for all instructional areas.
- Collaborate and implement NCC related activities of the Nash/Rocky Mount Schools Early College CITI High, and Career and College Promise (CCP).
- Serve as the Institutional Officer for the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee.
- Execute tasks and assignments as directed by the President.
- Develop, implement, and participate in professional development activities.
- Participate in College events and activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned which contribute to the efficient and effective operation of NCC.
- Serve on various committees as assigned.
- Participate in and support ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation to improve student learning.