Closes: Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5-7 years teaching experience, including supervisory experience, at the community college level along with evidence of progressive responsibility in an instructional and student services area of a community college.
- Considerable experience at the program, departmental, or divisional levels.
- Experience with Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) accreditation process.
Knowledge, specialized skills and abilities:
- Lead in the area of planning for the College, and in particular, the division of Instruction and Student Services of the College.
- Manage the budgeting process for instructional and student services programs.
- Work well with faculty and lead them in professional development.
- Work well with diverse personalities.
- Encourage creative and effective teaching among faculty.
- Work to enhance resources for the areas within curriculum and continuing education programs.
- Display a sensitivity to and acceptance of diverse cultures and individuals.
- Use a computer and display openness to the development and implementation of new and enhanced teaching through advanced information technologies (ie distance learning).
Knowledge of and experience with:
- SACSCOC accreditation process.
- Career and College Promise Programs.
- Standard and curriculum/continuing education design for programs.
- Institutional effectiveness research and strategic planning programs in the instructional and student services environment.
To plan, implement, manage, direct, supervise, and evaluate all policies, procedures, activities, and personnel concerned with the division of Instruction and Student Services of the College.
- Serves as chief academic officer and advises the President on all matters pertaining to the division of Instruction and Student Services, including Curriculum, Continuing Education, Workforce Development, and Student Services.
- Develops appropriate rules and procedures for the operation, maintenance, and management of the division.
- Participates in short- and long-range planning for the College.
- Coordinates the development of goals and objectives for the division; oversees the implementation of activities to achieve these goals and objectives; and evaluates the achievement of these goals and objectives.
- Coordinates the development of the division and the departmental budgets; monitors expenditures and recommends budget changes when necessary.
- Assesses the need for new part- and full-time positions in the division; makes appropriate recommendations for position approval to the President.
- Supervises and conducts annual performance evaluation for all personnel who report directly to the Vice President.
- Develops and maintains appropriate policies and procedures for the operation and management of the division.
- Disseminates relevant information regarding College policies, procedures, and operations.
- Remains abreast of issues impacting the division.
- Administers College policy pertaining to operational procedures for accountability in instructional programs.
- Coordinates, each semester/term, with Division Directors and Lead Faculty the schedule of curriculum and continuing education courses, teaching assignments and facilities and equipment for all classes.
- Encourages personal and professional development of all personnel in the division.
- Oversees the evaluation of program outcome achievement in accordance with North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) performance measures and standards.
- Coordinates approval of faculty requisitions for travel, equipment, and educational supplies.
- Coordinates activities with other departments, other colleges and agencies, and various committees.
- Assists in the development and implementation of articulation agreements with high schools, other community colleges, and senior institutions.
- Makes recommendations for selection, training, motivation, and evaluation of instructional and administrative staff, including oversight of employee performance objectives.
- Provides commitment to diversity and global education in all instructional areas, including curriculum, continuing education, and instructional support departments.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals including immediate supervisor, co-workers, staff, and the general public.
- Collaborates with the Deans of Academic Affairs, Continuing Education/Workforce Development, and Student Services to support a seamless instructional system bridging credit and non-credit instruction.
- Works with the Vice President of Administrative and Fiscal Services to develop and manage the divisional budget and finances.
- Collaborates with the Dean of Student Services to ensure effective processes for student admissions, advising, registration, and support services are in place.
- Assists the Early College by working with the staff to provide classes and other curriculum related needs.
- Oversees the Perkins local budget and grant with career technical education faculty and staff.
- Coordinates with the faculty in the instructional programs such as RN-BSN, RIBN and other transfer partnership programs.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Advocates for and promotes quality instruction, student success, integrated planning, and the expansion of program and Student Learning Outcomes to meet the educational needs of students in a diverse educational environment.
- Oversees the review of curriculum program changes to ensure compliance with the state regulations.
- Supports the operation of the system when assigned duties at request of the President.
- Represents the College in a positive manner to the public and in relevant organizations and associations.
- Serves on assigned College committees locally and at the state level.
- Understands and appreciates the College’s mission and goals and is able to relate to all constituents of the College; makes decisions consistent with the College mission and goals.
- Oversees the assessment of Student Learning Outcomes and College-wide accreditation.
- Functions as liaison between the division and other departments.
- Supervises the following positions: Administrative Assistant; Director, Institutional Research and Planning; Director, Library Services/Librarian; Director, Distance Learning; Dean, Academic Affairs; Dean, Continuing Education/Workforce Development; and Dean, Student Services.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President.
How to Apply
Direct Link to Apply:
***We are also requesting that you please email a letter of application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org