Closes: Friday, March 27, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
An earned master’s degree and a five-year record of accomplishment as an administrator at the college level or other relevant experience, demonstrated skill in planning and budgeting, supervision, management of human resources and fiscal affairs in an educational setting.
Successful teaching experience and additional experience one or more of the following areas is required: instructional leadership, learning resources, institutional effectiveness, distance learning, accreditation, or data analysis.
Excellent communication skills, demonstrated leadership skills and experience with accreditation are required.
Preference is given to candidates with leadership experience in an Instructional Division and/or expertise in teaching and learning. Doctorate or progress toward doctorate preferred, but not required.
Under the direction of the College President, the Vice President of Instruction (VPI) is responsible for all duties implied in that role, including but not limited to: continuous improvement of teaching and learning, oversight and evaluation of credit instructional programs; enrollment and schedule management; the management, planning, budgeting, administration, and evaluation of curriculum programs; the management and evaluation of curriculum faculty and staff; and ensuring compliance with accreditation standards.
The position includes the following responsibilities and expectations:
1. Provide leadership in the continuous improvement of teaching and learning.
2. Provide leadership and supervision for members of the Academic and Support Services Council and their respective areas in the coordination, planning, design, delivery, review and evaluation of instructional programs.
3. Serve as a member of the Administrative Council representing instruction.
4. Provide leadership in recruitment, selection, orientation, mentoring, professional development, evaluation, and retention of faculty and staff for instructional areas.
5. Formulate and recommend policy relating to instruction.
6. Plan and articulate needs for space, materials, equipment and personnel for instructional areas.
7. Develop and administer budgets for instructional areas.
8. Coordinate with Instructional Support and Student Services the articulation, concurrent enrollment and distance learning opportunities with area high schools.
9. Ensure preparation and submission of NC Community College System, IPEDS, SACSCOC and other reports as required.
10. Provide vision and leadership in the use of technology to improve teaching and learning.
11. Provide leadership for creating a quality learning-centered environment, institutional effectiveness, institutional accreditation and global education.
12. Other duties as required by the President.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact