Closes: Sunday, April 7, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Master’s degree in business, education or related field from a regionally accredited college, or university, or equivalent.
Five years of increasingly responsible program administration and supervisory experience.
Documented experience organizing and handling multiple complex tasks.
Residence in BCCC’s service delivery area is preferred.
Full-time 12 month staff position reports to the President. This position develops, plans, oversees, organizes and directs the activities of student services; selects, supervises, trains, and evaluates all assigned personnel; creates within the community an awareness of programs and services offered by the College and provides highly complex and responsible staff assistance to the College President and Board of Trustees.
Under the direction of the College President, the Vice President of Student Services works cooperatively with BCCC faculty and staff and performs the following:
• Recommend, implement and evaluate policies and procedures for student service and recruitment programs in coordination with the college president, deans and relevant staff. Interprets program policies and procedures to staff and students.
• Formulates, establishes, and recommends policies and procedures related to students and student activities.
• Understands, articulates, and abides by laws that protect the confidentiality of students and student records.
• Develops short and long range plans for the department with input from staff, direction from the College President, and other sources.
• Develops, monitors and implements effective use of budget resources; administers and approves expenditures from student services budget.
• Administers the student disciplinary policies and procedures for the College.
• Serves as problem solver related to staff, students, and others who express concerns and need assistance with student services decisions.
• Supervises all activities dealing with students and student life on campus.
• Develops plans to increase retention of students.
• Monitors, evaluates, and gives feedback to staff on performance, accomplishment of activities, and professional developments plans.
• Responsible for leading and managing the student services division including student support functions, enrollment management, financial aid, counseling, student activities, Trio/SSS, student discipline, and all functions related to the student intake process.
• Manages and supervises staff responsible for admissions, registration, student support, financial aid, counseling, placement, and other student services.
• Monitors recruitment for the College’s programs.
• Maintains a testing program to assist with the evaluation, placement, and counseling of students.
• Supervises, and maintains admissions, academic, career, and social/personal counseling services for the college community.
• Supervises the student activity program.
• Supervises grants, scholarships, and work assistance programs.
• Supervises and implements policies and services necessary to ensure the security, completeness, and accuracy of student records.
• Supervises the registration process.
• Supervises veteran’s affairs with the appropriate agencies.
• Supervises the preparation of appropriate publications.
• Supervises the cooperative education program.
• Works closely with the Director of Counseling to ensure compliance of the institution with the requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Adults with Disabilities Act.
• Serve on appropriate college committees as requested.
• Participate in professional development activities designed to enhance job skills and knowledge, as agreed upon by the employee and supervisor.
• Interact with students, the public, the community, and co-workers in a cooperative, courteous and professional manner.
• Serve as a contributing member of Senior Staff to solve problems, address challenges and position the College to take advantage of opportunities.
• Comply with the college’s policies and procedures.
• Perform related duties and responsibilities, as assigned by the College President.