Hamlet, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, January 3, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Education and Experience: Minimum of a Master’s degree in higher education, administration, counseling or related degree required. Minimum of five years’ experience in higher education required. Proven leadership experience required, preferably in a higher education setting. Experience in student counseling, financial aid, and records management preferred. Residence in the College service area is required within one year of job acceptance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Understanding of and commitment to the unique nature and role of the institution, with special reference to the open door admission policy. Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required. Must have demonstrated ability to lead teams, delegate, develop consensus, and resolve conflict. Familiar with current state and federal laws related to the student in higher education.
Proven leadership experience in a higher education setting.
The Vice President for Student Services is the advocate and champion for the College’s students and promotes the primacy of the student in the College’s mission. Under the authority of the President, the Vice President leads all departments of the Student Services Area, with responsibility for planning, developing, coordinating, and evaluating all Student Services functions.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
- Provide overall leadership of the area, ensuring that the services are equitably provided to meet the needs of students, employees, and the community.
- Effectively communicating with the other Vice Presidents, providing area services when needed.
- Regularly assess the performance of employees within the area, and the setting and fulfillment of outcomes, goals, and standards that support the College mission.
- Responsible for developing and coordinating the administration of policies related to the area and ensuring compliance with accrediting and regulating agencies and authorities.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and customer service within the area's departments.
- Inform the President of department needs and recommending staff when vacancies occur and/or needs arise, coordinating the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring process.
- Provide opportunities for area staff to participate in appropriate and meaningful professional development activities.
- Ensure that the student financial aid programs operate in compliance with all internal and external rules and regulations and in the best interest of the students.
- Support College enrollment management plan, in conjunction with all marketing and recruitment efforts.
- Responsible for ensuring that all internal and external deadlines are met within the area.
- Ensure that an effective pre-admission testing program is developed and administered.
- Ensure effective counseling and mental health services are provided and delivered.
- Organize, administer, and evaluate the College's registration processes.
- Responsible for the administration of all student records along with statistical data on student recruitment, enrollment, and other statistical information pertaining to student success.
- Oversee the administration of ADA-related services for the student population.
- Responsible for ensuring that the code of conduct for all students is adhered to, ensuring that all students are provided due process if disciplinary action is taken by the College in compliance with Title IV.
- Directs the operations of the Career and Transfer Center.
- Oversee Veterans services to students, ensuring compliance with VA requirements.
- Communicate and coordinate with high schools and four year colleges to assure a smooth transition for students and prospective students.
- Serve as a member of the President's Leadership Team.
- Other duties as assigned by the President.
How to Apply
Position Available: March 1, 2022. Application review begins: January 3, 2022.
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website, www.richmondcc.edu.
Methods to submit an application:
- Online submission at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/richmondcc,
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor,
- Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345,
- Fax: 910-582-7028, applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable, or
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application must contain a physical signature.
The RCC Application and copies of college transcripts must be received by the deadline date. Incomplete packets will not be considered. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.