Rocky Mount, NC
Closes: Sunday, February 18, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution with five years of relevant experience.
The Vice President of Student Services reports directly to the President of Nash Community College (NCC), supervises the Student Services Team, and sets the direction for Student Services programs and activities that enhance opportunities for students to succeed.
- Advises the President on matters related to student services.
- Oversees all areas of Student Services and provides leadership for and oversight of the development, management, assessment, quality improvement, student recruitment, enrollment management, admissions, placement/testing, orientation, registration and records, financial aid, reporting, retention, student activities, student organizations, career development, counseling, due process, Title IX, Veteran’s Affairs, and the Success Center.
- Advises and consults with other Vice Presidents to ensure collaborative and efficient practices are in place to serve students, faculty, and staff to fulfill the mission of the College.
- Establishes and maintains positive community relations that contribute to the College’s ability to fulfill its mission.
- Develops student service programs and services that reach out to underrepresented groups and meet the diverse needs of the NCC student body.
- Provides Student Services leadership for off-campus learning sites.
- Maintains regular and consistent on-site attendance during normal hours of college operations in fulfillment of duties not inconsistent with the expectations for full-time employees and College policies and procedures.
- Builds an efficient Student Services system within the college that emphasizes customer service and ensure that the needs of all NCC students are met.
- Serves as the College’s student conduct officer and adjudicates student disciplinary matters.
- Interprets and administers the Student Code of Conduct and recommends policies and procedures to the President to ensure that students are treated respectfully and equitably in all aspects of their college experience.
- Acts as an advocate for student concerns/issues and as an agent in promoting positive institutional change.
- Monitors legal compliance issues, (i.e., FERPA, Title IX, etc.) and facilitates due process procedures to ensure an environment conducive to the educational process.
- Responsible for the College’s annual graduation ceremonies.
- Collaborates with Nash Early College High School Principal to interpret and uphold the student code of conduct policies and procedures as it relates to the College.
- Provides supervision and counsel regarding student activities, the Student Government Association, and related functions.
- Leads the operational planning, budget, assessment, and continuous improvement processes for Student Services.
- Develops and administers the Student Services annual budget in collaboration with the Vice President of Finance.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director of the Foundation in the procurement of external funding for programs and services to enhance Student Services.
- Remains current and competent in technology as related to Student Services and Student Services functions.
- Evaluates assigned personnel and makes salary adjustment recommendations to the President.
- Provides leadership for the recruitment, selection for employment, development, and retention of all assigned full-time and part-time team members.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may request reasonable accommodation(s) if necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
Maintain stationary position, sitting or standing, for extended periods of time.
Operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
Ability to maintain files in file cabinets.
Occasionally lift, move, transport, install, or remove items weighing up to 15 pounds.
The ability to communicate information so that others understand.
The ability to observe details.