Closes: Friday, March 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Doctoral Degree in an academic or student services area
- Five years’ work experience in student support related area in a community college system
- Direct experience implementing a successful strategic enrollment plan
- Direct experience improving alumni engagement
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level is preferred
- Must have excellent leadership and communication skills (oral and written) and possess the ability to work with diverse groups
- Must be able to work long hours to meet deadlines
- Must be able to travel occasionally
- Factors affecting the demand for higher education and college choice
- The effects of pricing and financial aid on attendance
- Recruiting high school graduates, returning students, and adult learners
- Retaining students
- Current research on the impact of college on students' cognitive and noncognitive growth
- The state of the research in the field of enrollment management principles and practices
- Sources, uses and types of planning data applicable to institutions of higher education
- Educational objective setting and evaluation
- Principles, practices, and techniques of strategic and operational planning
- Read, interpret and apply complex rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Organize, direct, and implement comprehensive plans and processes to address specific initiatives
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and present technical information to non-technical audiences
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed action, and recommend actions in support of goals
- Maintain effective working relationships with all areas of the College and gain consensus through discussion and persuasion
- Monitor and administer a budget
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Prioritize a variety of work assignments and meet deadlines.
See Job Summary.
Provide leadership for the College’s enrollment management efforts and leadership for all student services functions including but not limited to Admissions and Records, Counseling Services, Financial Aid, Student Activities, and Alumni Engagement as related to the essential functions listed below.
If selected for employment, the applicant must submit to a criminal background check and drug screening.
INSTITUTION: Wayne Community College is a member of the North Carolina Community College system. Located in Goldsboro, NC, the college serves Wayne and adjoining counties. Wayne Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. A Tobacco Free Campus as of August 1, 2009.
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and all supporting materials, including copies of certifications and post-secondary transcripts via ApplicantOne at https://www.waynecc.edu/jobs. No paper applications will be accepted. Applications will be screened and the most qualified applicants interviewed. All applicants will be notified once the position has been filled.