Elizabeth City Campus
Closes: Sunday, July 12, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Five years of experience in a higher education student affairs leadership position; administering and supervising at the director level or higher.
- Experience developing and implementing a comprehensive enrollment/retention model to enhance student recruitment, enrollment services, retention and student success.
- Experience developing strategic enrollment management goals that successfully increased undergraduate enrollment and retention.
- Experience with strategic enrollment management fundamentals to include the leveraging of scholarships and financial aid to increase efficiencies in processes/admissions/retention.
- Experience conducting learning outcomes assessment, program outcomes assessment, and student success outcomes assessment.
- Experience preparing and managing operational budgets.
- Experience developing student success related programs for under-represented and diverse student populations.
FLSA: Executive/Administrative/Managerial - Exempt
The Vice President of Student Success and Enrollment Management (VP,SSEM) reports directly to the President and works collaboratively as a member of the President's Leadership Team (PLT) to advance the strategic goals and objectives of the College. The VP, SSEM provides collaborative leadership, strategic planning, supervision, grants and budget development/oversight for all student success units. This includes leadership to facilitate a culture of student success in the out-of-class environment by integrating student success outcomes into all College programs utilizing student success data such as Community College Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE), Noel-Levitz, North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) performance measures, etc.
The VP provides leadership to expand and increase opportunities for student engagement and campus life at all campuses as the College maintains an institutional focus on student success. The VP will provide vision, innovative leadership and oversight for Admissions and Financial Aid, Recruitment and Student Engagement, New Student Orientation, Student Life and Leadership, Advising, Career Services, Enrollment Services/Registrar, Secondary Education and all other aspects of enrollment management.
The VP will develop and execute well-planned strategies and tactics to shape the College's enrollment goals by promoting COA in the regional markets by recruiting, admitting, enrolling, aiding, advising and retaining students; and providing smart, efficient and service-oriented processes to guide students through the enrollment pathway from recruitment to commencement.
Serving as the Chief Student Services Officer of the College and working with the Campus Dean, Campus Administrators and other COA leaders, the VP is responsible for implementing student development, engagement, retention and success programs across the College as well as for leading the College's enrollment management and retention initiatives.
An integral part of the position will be to develop/expand and implement student success programming/services in order to improve student persistence, retention and completion with a special emphasis on programming in the first and second semesters such as orientation, on boarding of new students and developmental advising.
The VP provides supervision to the Director, Advising and Student Success; Director, Registration and Records/Registrar; Director, Financial Aid; Director, Career and College Promise; Director, Admissions and Recruitment; Administrative Assistant, Division, SSEM; Coordinator, Student Life and Leadership and Coordinator, Accessibility/Student Conduct.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact