Closes: Sunday, February 23, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Five consecutive years of progressively responsible experience leading workforce training, adult education, and economic development in an education, business or workforce development environment.
• Five years of leadership experience to include the direction of director-/manager-/supervisor-level staff to achieve organizational and unit goals as evidenced by specific and measurable accomplishments.
• Five years of experience working and leading in a complex and multi-disciplinary environment.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and managing budgets.
• Demonstrated experience in the development, execution and measurement of contemporary workforce training and/or adult education operations and/or strategies.
• Demonstrated experience in the development and strengthening of internal and external stakeholder relationships and partnerships.
• Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Greater than five consecutive years of progressively responsible experience leading workforce training or adult education operations at the post-secondary level.
• Experience within one of the operational units in Workforce and Continuing Education.
• Experience in a manufacturing or other business/industry environment.
• Grant development experience: pre-award, post-award and compliance.
The incumbent in this job is expected to assist the College in achieving its vision and mission. Customer focus, college service, and a willingness to assist as needed are expectations for all employees.
The Vice President of Workforce and Continuing Education Division (WCE) provides overall leadership to the workforce training and continuing education functions of the college. The VP develops and implements college policies and procedures to ensure that the WCE Division is effectively contributing to the achievement of the college’s vision, mission, and strategic plan. The VP establishes positive working relationships within the division and with all areas of the college to better serve employers, individuals and the community. The VP ensures services within the position’s responsibility are delivered in a customer-focused manner on all GTCC campuses. Working with state and local economic development leaders, employers and major sector leadership, the VP will establish and enhance GTCC’s role as a leader in economic development and support of employee development and training. The VP provides leadership and direction for the continuous assessment and improvement of division-wide efforts to provide programming to contribute to the educational success of individuals, the workforce development needs of employers, and the service and enrichment needs of the community. Areas reporting to the Vice President include Adult Basic Education, Community Service, Occupational Extension, and Customized Training.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact