VGCC Main Camus
Henderson, NC 27536
Closes: Thursday, June 27, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Master’s Degree from a college or university accredited by the United States Department of Education accepted accrediting agency (such as SACSCOC).
• Experience in corporate / continuing education in a community college setting or active familiarity with businesses in Vance-Granville Community College’s four county service area.
• Knowledge of workforce development training, business and industry customized training, and economic development.
• Demonstrated experience in effectively promoting workforce development programs to the community.
• Skillset including effective leadership, public relations, and managing community relations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a personal commitment to equity.
• Ability to work effectively in a collegial environment and deliver results with limited resources leveraging college and community partnerships
• Doctorate within an educational field
• At least five years of experience in Community College.
• Use data and statistics to make decisions related to the division.
• Identify trends, foresee problems, and resolve conflicts.
• Establish credibility in the community we serve, be decisive while appreciating and supporting the overall College priorities.
• Demonstrated cultural competency, including successful experience working with diverse groups.
• Provide leadership and focus by managing and developing staff to advance the College’s vision in all areas of responsibility.
• Leads the development of new partnerships with businesses and government. Assists the President in maintaining existing partnerships.
• Provides leadership for enhancing the visibility, enrollment and resources of the non-credit division.
• Coordinates community engagement and outreach for the entire college.
• Directs marketing for the college. Assists the President’s office with public relations.
• Supports economic development of the region through engagement with prospective, new, and existing businesses and industries.
• Uses data to make informed decisions about non-credit program opportunities.
• Provides leadership in developing, implementing, and maintaining course curriculum and training programs that respond to community needs and prepare students for workforce success.
• Provides special focus on creating and maintaining apprenticeship programs needed in the College’s service area.
• Seeks and manages alternative funding sources, which may include grants, donations, or self-supporting mechanisms.
• Supports relevant, appropriate personal enrichment offerings for each of our unique counties. This includes summer enrichment programs targeted at youth.
• Collaborates with and supports other Executive Team Vice Presidents in leading the College.
• Partners with the vice president over credit instruction to create and maintain pathways between non-credit and credit instruction.
• Maintains a positive, productive high profile within the region, including business partners and other educational institutions.
• May have to teach the equivalent of 3 contact hours during an academic year.
• Other duties as assigned by the President.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Vance-Granville Community College
Human Resources Department
252-492-2061 Ext. 3440