Closes: Friday, January 15, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree in higher education or an academic subject required.
- Five years of higher education administration experience required.
- Teaching experience required.
- Doctorate preferred, in higher education or an academic subject.
- Experience in the NCCCS preferred.
- Collegiate teaching experience preferred.
The Vice President, Chief Academic Officer, under the authority and supervision of the President, is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating all programming, and leading all of the College employees within the area.
- Serve as the Chief Academic Officer of the College, responsible and accountable for the development, implementation, and assessment of programming, student learning, and college access and success programs.
- Develop and maintain professionalism, collaboration, mutual respect, and open lines of communication between faculty and students, other areas of the College, and the community at large.
- Provide innovative and service leadership within the College by effectively communicating with the other VPs, providing area services when needed, and setting area initiatives in accordance with the College's vision and mission.
- Provide overall supervision, management, and evaluation of the area, monitoring operations and results, while ensuring that the organizational structure of the area is adequate to meet the needs of the College.
- Responsible for developing and coordinating the administration of policies related to the area, ensuring compliance with accrediting and regulating agencies and authorities, particularly SACS/COC.
- Responsible for planning, developing, and monitoring the budget for the area.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with College partners, including local secondary partners and collaborative agreements between the College and other institutions of higher learning.
- Informs the President of departmental needs and recommending staff when vacancies occur and/or needs arise, coordinating the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring process. Provides new employees with appropriate orientation to the area and College.
- Providing opportunities for area faculty and staff to participate in professional development activities that advance the mission of the College.
- Ensures that students receive effective academic advising from faculty.
- Responsible for ensuring that all deadlines and reporting requirements are met within the area.
- Serves as the primary academic liaison to the NCCCS on behalf of the president, participating in appropriate professional associations.
- Ensure that courses and programs are scheduled and delivered to fulfill the College mission and meet the students' needs.
- Ensure that faculty has appropriate credentials to teach classes and programs.
- Develop and utilize distance learning and other emerging technologies to provide increased access to the educational opportunities offered by the College.
- Coordinate instructional support services for curriculum programs with other areas of the College.
- Serve as a liaison to assigned College committees.
- Complete the annual staff development requirement.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Actively participate in professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned by the President.