VP of Financial Services
5049 NC Hwy. 306 S.
Grantsboro, NC 28529
Closes: Friday, March 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or a related degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
Required Experience & Skills:
• Demonstrated knowledge of sound fiscal management to include budgeting, financial statement preparation, and implementation of internal control processes.
• Ability to monitor and ensure full compliance of all fiscal matters according to federal, state, and local regulations.
• Experience with directing and supervising financial control activities to include vendor services, accounting, payroll, financial aid disbursements, purchasing, and inventory control.
• Ability to thoroughly assess and effectively communicate fiscal matters to the President, Board of Trustees, and County Commissioners.
• Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues while promoting a positive and productive environment.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or a Certified Management Accountant (CMA) with expertise in finance and management accounting.
• Experience with state or local government finance leadership.
• Experience in NC Community College System.
Under the direction of the President, the Vice President (VP) of Financial Services (FS) manages the financial affairs of the College. As the VP of FS he/she directs the college’s financial operations, which includes planning, development, implementation, coordination and monitoring of business and fiscal programs, policies and procedures. Additionally, the VP of FS directly supervises the Director of Purchasing/Equipment Coordinator, Controller, and Payroll/Human Resources Technician and indirectly supervises all other positions within the Business Office (Accounts Payable, Cashier, Receiving, and Accounts Receivable).
How to Apply
This procedure must be followed or application may be rejected. Candidates should submit: (1) A signed Pamlico Community College application which can be obtained at the college website http://www.pamlicocc.edu/about-employment.php or by calling (252) 249-1851, extension 3005; (2) a photocopy of college transcripts; (3) a resume.
The resume is not a substitute for a completed application; the application must include work history. If you have transcripts already on file, please specify. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration, and all requested information must be received by the deadline date. Mail to Human Resources, P.O. Box 185 (5049 Highway 306 South for carrier deliveries), Grantsboro, NC 28529; or email to email@example.com with position title in subject line; or fax to 252-249-1622 ATTN: Human Resources. Employment and selection procedures are outlined in Chapter 6 of PCC’s Policies and Procedures.
Job Post Contact
Susan C. McRoy
Payroll/Human Resources Technician
Pamlico Community College
PO Box 185
Grantsboro, NC 28529
(252) 249-1851 x3005