Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, April 23, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Multimedia, or related field;
2. Two years proven experience; designing/developing web sites and social media integration;
3. Experience with Drupal 6, 7 or 8 Content Management System;
4. Videography and digital photography experience.
1. Bachelor’s in computer science, web programming, multimedia arts and sciences, or related field;
2. Experience managing a large institutional website or higher education website;
3. Experience working in a marketing environment;
4. Experience with Photoshop, Indesign, Dreamweaver, After Effects and Final Cut;
6. Experience working with large data sets.
Job Description Summary
Oversees College website and associated sites, portals, social media and other online activities. Performs essential strategic, programming and web design functions to ensure the College’s website and online presence advance the College’s communications, marketing and PR objectives. Measures effectiveness of College’s online presence and activities.
1. Maintains and enhances A-B Tech’s overall web presence;
2. Maintains and develops Drupal platform and custom Drupal modules and themes;
3. Maintains/Develops College navigation app;
4. Web Accessibility: Manages Accessibility for the College website and InfoBase. Conducts Accessibility audits for web content and documents. Procurement of Accessibility tools to manage/evaluate accessibility. Provides training for College employees on Accessibility guidelines. Sits on the Accessibility committee of the College;
5. Compiles data, develops and maintains online presence for major College publications (including Catalog, Curriculum Schedule, ConEd Schedule, and Student Handbook);
6. Creates and implements web-related process efficiencies and design college-wide (portals, external program websites, etc.);
7. Works with divisions, departments and programs to enhance content, design and features for web pages;
8. Teaches monthly content management system (CMS) classes to campus content owners; educates users in content management and SEO basics. Provides training and professional development workshops for College employees using the online Content Management System and social media sites;
9. Uses Google Analytics and other tools to continually monitor usage and effectiveness of College’s online activities and adjusts or recommends improvements, accordingly;
10. Videography: Maintains website video gallery and related social media video channels such as YouTube; seeks opportunities to build web video content with student testimonials and video to support CRM campaigns and events;
11. Leads expanded CRM Videography efforts: procures, develops/maintains video platforms and software; directs video shoots, edits and produces video. Provides training for College employees to shoot and edit video, and use video platforms/software;
11. Applies the College’s brand identify to all aspects of web and social media properties, including external sites managed for A-B Tech programs by third parties;
12. Serves as an administrator for the Colleges digital signage. Creates content for digital signage. Provides training on the usage of the colleges digital signage softwares. Collaborates with IT on the setup/installation of new digital signage;
13. Assists CRM with other graphic design and photography objectives as needed.
14. Assists CRM with other graphic design and photography objectives as needed.