Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, January 4, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Web Design, Multimedia, or related field;
2. Three years of full-time or equivalent experience designing/developing web sites and social media integration;
3. Videography and digital photography experience;
4. Experience managing a large institutional website or higher education website;
5. Experience working in a marketing environment.
1. A Master’s in web design, multimedia arts and sciences, communications, or related field;
2. Experience with Photoshop, Indesign, Dreamweaver, After Effects and Final Cut;
4. Experience working with large data sets;
5. Experience with Drupal 8 Content Management System;
6. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Oversees the College website and associated sites, portals, social media, and other online activities. Performs essential strategic, programming, and web design functions to ensure the College’s website and online presence advance the College’s communications, marketing, and PR objectives. Measures the effectiveness of College’s online presence and activities.
1. Maintains and enhances A-B Tech’s overall web presence.
2. Maintains and develops Drupal platform and Drupal modules and themes.
3. Maintains/Develops College navigation app.
4. Web Accessibility: Manages Accessibility for the College website. Conducts Accessibility audits for web content and documents. Procurement of Accessibility tools to manage/evaluate accessibility. Provides training for College employees on Accessibility guidelines. Sits on the Accessibility committee of the College.
5. Compiles data, develops and maintains online presence for major College publications (including Catalog, Curriculum Schedule, Con Ed Schedule, and Student Handbook).
6. Creates and implements web-related process efficiencies and design college-wide.
7. Works with divisions, departments and programs to enhance content, design and features for web pages.
8. Teaches monthly content management system (CMS) classes to campus content owners; educates users in content management and SEO basics. Provides training and professional development workshops for College employees using the online Content Management System and social media sites.
9. Uses Google Analytics and other tools to continually monitor usage and effectiveness of College’s online activities and adjusts or recommends improvements, accordingly.
10. Maintains website video gallery and platform, and related social media video channels such as YouTube; seeks opportunities to build web video content with student testimonials and video to support CRM campaigns and events. Supports CRM videography projects in collaboration with videographers. May be required to produce and edit video.
11. Applies the College’s brand identify to all aspects of web and social media properties, including external sites managed for A-B Tech programs by third parties.
12. Serves as an administrator for the Colleges digital signage. Creates content for digital signage. Provides training on the usage of the colleges digital signage software. Collaborates with IT on the setup/installation of new digital signage.
13. Assists CRM with other graphic design and photography objectives as needed.
14. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
15. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.