Morehead City, NC
Closes: Tuesday, November 29, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Education: Associate of Applied Science in Marketing and Graphic Design. Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information technology, web development, or related field.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Three to five years of related work experience.
- Expert knowledge of Macromedia suite, Adobe suite, Content Management Systems and W3C web standards.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining and creating WordPress modules, themes, and templates.
- Expert knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, TikTok Google+ and other social media best practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Paid per Click (PPC), and web traffic metrics.
- Ability to troubleshoot website issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Excellent multitasking, time-management and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing an institutional or higher education website.
- Basic knowledge of art and graphic design principles.
- Knowledge of basic marketing principles.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and collegially with diverse stakeholders in a large institutional environment.
See minimum qualifications
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a full-time, on-site, Webmaster/Social Media Coordinator. Benefits include pension, paid sick leave, paid vacation leave, 12 paid holidays per year, low-cost health insurance and low-cost optional insurance (such as vision and dental). The salary range for this entry-level position is $40,000 to $50,000 per year.
Applications will be accepted through November 29, 2022. Applicants must attach to their online application a resume, cover letter, and a copy of their unofficial transcript to verify that they meet the minimum education requirement.
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Public Information, the Webmaster and Social Media Coordinator ensures all aspects of the College’s web presence are secure, functional, visually appealing, user-friendly, engaging, and consistently updated. This position handles a range of responsibilities that may include web design and development, routine site and content maintenance, and social media content planning, development, and engagement analysis.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
- Serves as the primary contact for all aspects of the College’s website.
- Manages all website updates, ongoing optimization, troubleshooting, ADA compliance, and UX/UI website innovation.
- Implements coding best practices related to site performance, SEO, and user experience.
- Responsible for maintaining mobile responsiveness and visual accessibility for all web content.
- Encourages and facilitates consistent, creative, and unified web design across the College’s website.
- Reviews, monitors, and updates the navigation architecture to improve usability.
- Develops code and styling consistent with the College’s brand to improve appearance and functionality.
- Manages and monitors website server performance
- Collects and analyzes web analytics; identifies opportunities to improve search engine optimization (SEO), time on site, web traffic, and other relevant metrics.
- Maintains current knowledge of best practices and emerging developments in web design, web development, and technology.
Social Media Coordinator:
- Develops content strategies according to College’s short- and long-term marketing goals.
- Manages all College social media accounts with the goal of increased brand awareness and engagement.
- Maintains and develops schedules for content placement to increase social media presence.
- Assists with the development and creation of social media content, editorial, and engagement strategy to maximize audience interest.
- Maintains consistency in content to ensure alignment with the College’s brand.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Marketing and Public Information to maintain consistent written and visual messaging and design standards.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Public Information
Work is carried out in a standard heated and air-conditioned office environment. There will be frequent interruptions from students, employees and the public. Will require some travel throughout the State of North Carolina. Some evening work may be required.
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer. Job offers are conditional and subject to a satisfactory background check.
Carteret Community College serves and empowers our students and coastal community by providing high-quality education, workforce training, and lifelong enrichment in an innovative and inclusive learning environment.
How to Apply
Apply online and include attachments as described in the job description: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/carteretcc/jobs/3761724/webmaster-and-social-media-coordinator/apply?page=3&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
or via our website: www.carteret.edu/jobs
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557