Closes: Thursday, August 16, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Minimum Associate Degree in an IT related field or an Associate’s degree with 2 years related IT work experience.
- One year work experience using HyperText Markup Language (HTML).
- One year work experience using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- One year work experience using the PHP programming language.
- One year work experience designing accessible user interfaces.
- One year work experience implementing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies.
- One year work experience using the Drupal content management system.
- One year work experience using web content management systems.
- One year work experience managing Ubuntu server operating systems.
- One year work experience managing Windows server operating systems.
- One year work experience creating and optimizing graphics for web pages.
- One year work experience designing web page layouts.
- One year work experience designing website navigation strategies.
- One year work experience managing Apache web servers.
- One year work experience managing IIS web servers.
- One year work experience working with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- One year work experience managing relational database systems.
- One year work experience managing servers in a VMware vSphere environment.
- One year work experience using the Git version control system.
- One year work experience using SOAP web services.
- One year work experience using REST web services.
Monitor, manage, maintain, develop and create content for the college’s web-based services including the college website and college web portals. Areas of work include using content management systems, custom design, custom development tasks, integrations and reporting based on web traffic analytics.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive college vehicles.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and push or pull up to 200 pounds on carts or other assistive devices.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 12 feet.
- Manage information posted to college website including verbiage, graphics, and other multimedia content.
- Develop navigation and sitemaps to ensure ease of use.
- Manage and publish content delivered to mobile applications.
- Work cooperatively with institutional personnel to develop customized web pages that are W3C, ADA Section 508, and WCAG-AA compliant.
- Manage a Drupal content management system.
- Support and maintain Ubuntu Linux servers.
- Integrate website with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and other social media tools.
- Integrate website with other external applications.
- Use FTP/SCP file transfer tools on a daily basis.
- Create and optimize images and graphics for web content.
- Implement information architecture best practices.
- Design user-friendly interfaces for websites.
- Manage web servers including Internet Information Services (IIS), Apache web server, LigHTTPD web servers.
- Contribute to front end development of web portals using the .NET Framework.
- Contribute to front end development of web portals using PHP Programming or other server-side programming languages.
- Serve as a dedicated IT representative for the Marketing and Outreach departments for publishing web content, and providing support for the college’s online course catalog.
- Work with end users on special projects to identify project requirements, document project progress, and implement project plans in coordination with stakeholders and management.
- Attend Division of Instruction’s monthly meetings
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Technician
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001