Alamance Community College, Graham, NC
Closes: Friday, August 16, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area; and 3-5 years related experience.
Requires the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated experience maintaining and creating Wordpress modules. Demonstrated ability to create custom themes and template files.
- Demonstrated knowledge of debugging tools (Chrome Inspector, Firebug, etc.) and PHP back-end development.
- Demonstrated experience managing a large institutional website or higher education website.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of art and graphic design principles.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of videography and photography principles and tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic marketing principles.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and collegially with diverse stakeholders in a large institutional environment.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to concurrently work on multiple projects/initiatives and meet deadlines/quality requirements.
Preference will be given to candidates with directly related work experience in large institutions or institutions of higher education.
Position will manage, maintain, monitor, edit, develop and create content for the College's external and internal web sites, including social media. This position is responsible for ensuring our online presence advances the College's communications and marketing objectives, including accuracy, relevance and ADA compliance.
Example of Duties:Responsibilities:
- Update and enhance College's web presence, managing verbiage, graphics, and multimedia content.
- Maintain and develop Wordpress multi-site platform and custom Wordpress modules and themes.
- Train and support division/department representatives to update web pages using Wordpress content management system.
- Ensure College's online presence meets federally-mandated accessibility requirements.
- Integrate website with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You-Tube, etc.)
- Use Google Analytics and other tools to continuously monitor usage and effectiveness of College's online presence and adjust accordingly.
- Use similar online tools to monitor and mitigate College reputational threats.
- Expand the College's video and photo content with web-based student testimonials, graduate testimonials, employer testimonials, departmental program promotions and step-by-step-how-to demonstrations.
- Write, edit, maintain, archive social media posts and identify opportunities to drive traffic to College's online resources.
- Work with 3rd party vendor to streamline navigation over both PC and mobile platforms.
- Work collaboratively with College's Information Systems staff on web site issues.
- Leverage search engine optimization and digital marketing strategies to promote academic programs and new initiatives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve website performance issues.
- Work collaboratively with the Office of Public Information and Marketing to maintain consistent written and visual messaging and design standards.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Office of Public Information and Marketing.