201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Closes: Monday, March 11, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in web design, marketing (or related field) from a nationally accredited institution.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Three years of relevant web content experience.
- Knowledge of web content management systems.
- Experience interpreting website analytics.
- Strong organizational skills with a high degree of detail orientation with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, work independently, and communicate effectively.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Generally works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- Must be able to travel between campuses and to other applicable events.
- This position may require work to occasionally be done outside normal business hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of WCAG 2 accessibility standards and guidelines
- Project management experience
- Experience with Wordpress or Higher-Education SaaS CMS platforms such as Omni CMS or Pantheon.
- Experience troubleshooting websites.
Open Until Filled-
The Website Marketing Specialist will use both technical and creative skills to develop and maintain website content and will be the lead project manager coordinating with internal and external partners for the redesign and ongoing administration and updates of the College’s main website. This position is also responsible for supporting content updates and maintenance of other College websites, including those for the Foundation, Library, WSGE, Textile Technology & Fiber Innovation Centers, and Athletics. The Website Marketing Specialist is part of the Marketing and Communications team and reports to the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications to lead a full website redesign project for the College’s main website. This will include developing a request for proposals, selecting vendors, researching needs, developing action plans/timelines, monitoring budgets, etc.
- Manage the maintenance of the College websites, including receiving, facilitating, and/or resolving routine user requests (e.g., managing content, uploading documents, fixing broken URLs, etc.). This includes maintaining the existing sites during the redesign project.
- Ensure all existing and new website content meets the College’s standards of quality and brand guidelines.
- Test websites across browsers, operating systems, and devices. Monitor online lead generation forms to ensure they are working correctly with the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Manage SEO activities, including keyword research, technical SEO, page optimization, etc. Provide strategic, actionable insights for improving organic search rankings. Work with external partners as needed.
- Provide regular reports on the overall activity and success of website engagement. Identify trends and insights and recommend strategies for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with other internal and external content editors, developers, and designers to create, edit, and publish online content (articles, photos, video, etc.) that supports the College’s brand and strategic marketing objectives.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of website standards and guidelines for content managers. Train content managers on the use of the CMS. Develop training materials, monitor usage and provide basic technical assistance when necessary.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that digital communications (e.g., text, images, and video) are accessible per Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). Review and respond to website accessibility reports.
- Manage copyright and data protection matters as it relates to digital communications and ensure compliance with applicable copyright and other relevant laws.
- Assist in maintaining the College’s electronic photo database including uploading, tagging, and organizing photos.
- Stay current on emerging technologies/best practices and regularly evaluate and update website strategies to elevate the College’s online presence.
- Assist in managing relationships with external vendors to ensure deadlines are met and work is performed satisfactorily. Review and process applicable purchase orders and expenses per the established budget and guidelines.
- Assist with special college projects and events as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of applicable information. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College’s policies, procedures, and other established guidelines.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact