Closes: Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Demonstrated professionalism and ability to make visitors feel welcomed. Ability to handle student information in a confidential manner and to treat all forms of student communication discretely.
Good computer skills. Demonstrative ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and to demonstrate composure during high-volume periods. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills – particularly with the telephone. Demonstrated ability to attend to detail and to extend positive customer service.
Honesty, trustworthiness, reliability, flexibility, a sense of humor, genuineness, approachability, and the ability to adhere to schedules are all necessary qualities.
Bachelor’s degree and work experience in a similar setting require a high degree of customer service while exercising graciousness and calm during high-volume periods.
The Welcome Desk Service Specialist serves as the initial greeter for visitors to Whitcomb Student Center. This position serves to welcome and direct persons to locations for services, or to provide information, forms, or other resources, and to maintain a current supply of various sources of information regarding the college and its programs and services. This position receives initial telephone inquiries for the Admissions and Records offices, and provides specified functions related to one or more of the program/service areas of the Student Development Division.
- Greets visitors and directs them to their desired locations.
- Maintains the physical appearance of the Welcome Desk and surrounding area.
- Effectively determines visitors’ needs and assists them accordingly with directions, information, or resources.
- Provides general campus directions and event information and general campus information regarding hours of operation, college web site access, and hours of operation for various college offices or service areas.
- Maintains an adequate supply of information brochures or other publications regarding college programs and services.
- 6-Assists visitors with completion of specified forms.
- Answers incoming telephone calls seeking information.
- Serves as the main receiver of incoming telephone calls for the Admissions and Records offices.
- Receives forms that are delivered for specified offices and secures them for delivery the next business morning. 10-Assists offices in the Student Center with preparation of letters, telephone calls, scanning, and data entry into Colleague.
Functions Related to the Admissions Office:
- Assists visitors with completion of admissions applications and the Residency Determination System process at the computer kiosks.
- Receives admissions/enrollment/record office documents and sees that they are properly delivered.
Functions Related to the Records Office:
1-Confirms visitor identify and distributes transcripts and diplomas. 2-Processes transcript requests.
- Processes student schedule adjustments.
- Answers inquiries regarding transcript requests and transcript processing.
- Provides and assist with completion of transcript request forms, drop/add and withdrawals, graduation applications, audit request, name and/or address changes, diploma replacement requests, FERPA consent, and course repeat requests.
- Receives completed forms for processing.
- Enters graduation applications into the data system.
Functions Related to the Financial Aid & Veterans Affairs Office:
- Provides directions on the college web site to the RCC Financial Aid page, RCC Foundation scholarships, FAFSA, and Cash Course.
- Provides the college code for financial aid applications.
- Directs persons to the Financial Aid & Veterans Affairs Office for specific needs/questions about their aid inquiries.
Functions Related to the Student Life Area:
- Produces RCC identification cards.
- Provides and receives parking registration forms.
Functions Related to the Advising & Counseling Center:
1-Greets and directs students who express needs for counseling, accessibility services, academic advising, or career services.
The following are additional duties:
- Processes program and advisor changes.
- Processes drop/add forms after the 16-week term begins.
- Provides assistance with Student Planning/Web Advisor.