- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, December 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree in the teaching discipline OR
- Associate degree in a welding-related field AND demonstrated competencies in teaching specific welding and welding-related courses OR two or more years of welding-specific industry experience
- AWS certifications and 5 years work-related experience as a welder
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
At Central Carolina Community College, Welding Instructors provide exceptional learning opportunities for our students. The welding instructional team promotes learning by delivering a combination of lectures on welding practices and safety and equipment, and significant personal hands-on learning experiences where students can practice and build their skills and knowledge. Welding students leave the college prepared for career success in industry, including manufacturing, construction, and related fields.
This position is eligible for a $5000 hiring bonus to be paid out in three installments.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Teach curriculum and continuing education courses for 18-28 contact hours per semester
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute for all scheduled courses current course outlines and syllabi that support accreditation standards as described in the current faculty handbook.
- Serve as student advisor as assigned.
- Recruit for department/curriculum as assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist in the annual outcomes and assessment process.
- Assist in maintaining department/curriculum equipment, supplies, and materials, as well as library and support resources.
- Assist in registration and orientation as requested by the supervisor.
- Participate in scheduled and called departmental, faculty, staff meetings and other college activities.
- Keep supervisor informed of matters pertaining to the curriculum.
- Assume other duties as requested by the supervisor and the college.
- Follow policies stated in the policies and procedures manual related to instructor responsibilities.
- Obtain required Blackboard training as well as maintain a Bb course site for each course taught during the semester.
- Faculty keep a weekly schedule of 35 hours on campus, including 5 required office hours. Hours on site may be adjusted based on distance education responsibilities and/or approved telework arrangements.
- Submit records and forms in a timely fashion.
- Actively participate in professional organizations.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the five-hour staff development requirement.
- Encourage and support college activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Welding Instructor will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.