5049 NC Hwy. 306 S
Grantsboro, NC 28529
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, September 29, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
AS degree in Welding required. Related work experience in the field.
Two years teaching experience preferred, particularly at a community college.
Under the supervision of the program director, is responsible for teaching undergraduate courses and advancing academic excellence and student success; teach day, evening, on line/partial internet classes as required; adhere to the departmental course guidelines.
- Teach classes as assigned.
- Demonstrate that instructional goals and learning outcomes have been clearly set and defined.
- Demonstrate that timely feedback on tests, papers, and other assignments has been adequately delivered.
- Participate in development of course objectives and learning outcomes and in development/selection.
- Take active role in development and implementation of academic discipline and department goals.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and deadlines related to position.
- Demonstrate knowledge of learning styles and proficiency in instructional technologies regularly in classroom teaching.
- Encourage student participation in class discussions and activities.
- Promote and practice sensitivity towards diversity.
How to Apply
This procedure must be followed or application may be rejected. Candidates should submit: (1) signed Pamlico Community College application which can be obtained at the college website http://www.pamlicocc.edu/about-employment.php or by calling (252) 249-1851, extension 3005; (2) a photocopy of college transcripts, if applicable; and (3) a resume. The resume is not a substitute for a completed application; the application must include work history. If you have transcripts already on file, please specify. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration, and all requested information must be received by the deadline date. Mail to Susan McRoy, P.O. Box 185 (5049 Highway 306 South for carrier deliveries), Grantsboro, NC 28529, or email@example.com with position title in subject line or fax to 252-249-1622. Employment and selection procedures are outlined in Chapter 6 of PCC’s Policies and Procedures.