Morehead City, NC
Closes: Saturday, July 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Education, or a related field of study.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of two years of experience providing case management or related experience working with adults, or two years of experience working in related federally funded programs.
- Completion of a Career Development Facilitator Course.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and familiarity with accessing the internet for data entry into a browser-based Management Information System.
- Knowledge of standard industry recognized assessments for basic skills, work ready and occupational skills, interests, aptitudes, and values.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to analyze test data, interpret results and make decisions.
- Proficient ability to maintain records and files to include database entry.
- Extensive interpersonal skills are required to interact with young people as well as fellow staff and outside agencies.
- Must be willing to complete 120 hours of training in the 12 Global Facilitating Career Development competency areas from a training provider using a curriculum approved by Center for Credential and Education Inc.
Physical Demands & Other Requirements:
- Must be mentally and emotionally able to perform simultaneously a variety of essential duties under both normal and stressful or emergency conditions.
- Must be able to independently plan, prioritize, and organize workflow.
- Must be able to accept and implement change.
- Must be able to interact with staff, volunteers, customers, public, and other professionals.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential elements of the position for eight (8) or more hours daily as deadlines and workload mandates.
- Must be a self- starter, highly motivated, responsible, and demonstrate strong leadership traits.
- Ability to adhere to high standards of personal business ethics and behavior; create an environment where individuals are encouraged to enter into discussions and voice their thoughts and concerns; treat others with respect even when under stress; foster good relationships with diverse groups and individuals; build and maintain strong partnerships and collaborations; and readily understand, accept, prioritize and complete new assignments.
- Unquestionable character, willingness to work with persons from diverse backgrounds, and maintain a well-groomed appearance. Exercise mature judgment in making decisions, communicate well, and maintain a positive working relationship with fellow staff members.
- A current driver’s license and a reliable vehicle is required
See minimum qualifications.
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a full-time WIOA Adult Career Advisor.
The Adult Career Advisor will be responsible for coordinating all of the required Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Adult program elements and activities to ensure that adult participants 18 years and older obtain their program goals and objectives as outlined in their Individual Employment Plan.
Examples of essential duties include:
- Determine program eligibility through applicant interviews; records and evaluates personal and other qualifying information/data.
- Interprets and explains rules and regulations governing eligibility.
- Inputs data into state Management Information System.
- Responsible for providing each participant with a comprehensive individual assessment which includes basic skills, work readiness, occupational skills, interests, aptitudes, values as well as supportive service’s needs. Interpret results of the assessment and provide guidance and counseling to participants.
- Develop along with the participant, an Individual Employment Plan (IEP) which indicates the participants employment and education goals, individual long and short-term goals and objectives.
- Prepare and maintain a case file for each program participant.
- Document participant meetings, counseling sessions and overall program progress in case notes as well as on the IEP.
- Coordinate referrals to other human service agencies for supportive services.
- Responsible for job development and job placement activities based on participant's IEP goals. Speak before groups to publicize available services and program requirements.
- Provide follow-up services for at least twelve months after program exit to ensure participant and program success.
- Conduct individual/group counseling sessions to ensure program compliance and progress and provide assistance with establishing goals and a plan of action for participants.
Provides quality services which meet customer needs, delivers excellent customer service in an effective and efficient manner, and manages resources within established guidelines, laws, and regulations.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.carteret.edu. Applications will be accepted through July 31, 2021. Attach to your application a resume and unofficial copy of your college/university transcripts.
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer. Job offers are conditional subject to a satisfactory background check.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557