Alamance Community College
Closes: Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Two years of experience partnering/working with a school system, community college, or university.
- Two years of work experience related to business, industry, or labor.
- Experience in an Internship or WBL program,
- Participation in the planning and development of an apprenticeship or career pathways program.
- Experience with coordinating and planning career exposure opportunities for students.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience in recruitment efforts.
The Work-Based Learning (WBL) Coordinator will report to the Dean of Industrial Technologies. The WBL coordinator will work with the Alamance Burlington School System and business and industry of Alamance County to facilitate growth in the College's WBL program. The WBL Coordinator will oversee the planning and implementation of activities and outcomes developed to foster WBL opportunities in the community. The WBL Coordinator will plan exposure activities, facilitate the recruitment of business and industry into the WBL program, develop new exposure activities, and market WBL.
Example of Duties
- Develop and enhance WBL courses to be offered in curriculum programs.
- Teach WBL 110 World of Work and WBL 115 Work Based Learning Seminar.
- Enhance currently developed career pathways to include work-based learning activities, sites, and career options.
- Work to support and grow the College's service learning component of the Campus Compact initiative in Career-Technical programs.
- Work with teams to increase and maintain WBL placements based on identified business and industry needs.
- Work with the Marketing department to develop marketing materials for WBL.
- Coordinate and plan the exposure activities for students, parents, and teachers including but not limited to summer camps, industry tours, and job-shadowing and/or internship opportunities.
- Collaborate with Career Coordinators, school counselors to market and increase student and parent understanding of career opportunities.
- Maintain quality partnerships with local business and industry leaders to promote career opportunities among students.
- Work with College staff to ensure correct WBL reporting.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Demonstrate excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treat others respectfully and behave in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness and honesty that is professionally appropriate.
- Act as a team player when working with employees of the College and the community of Alamance County.