Work Experience Specialist, WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act) Youth Program
201 Highway U.S. 321
Dallas, NC 28034
201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Opens: Thursday, May 25, 2023
Closes: Wednesday, August 30, 2023
Closes: Wednesday, August 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Monday, July 31, 2023
Expected Work Hours
Full-Time Temporary Staff
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in career counseling, education, social work, human services, business administration, marketing, or a related field required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Two years’ experience working in education, counseling, case management, youth programs, monitoring/compliance, or a related field required.
- Ability to provide positive, outstanding customer service.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- In order to provide the highest level of customer service, this position requires a thorough understanding of the job search process, the local area job market-job matching system, federal eligibility, Child Labor Laws, and other related items.
- Ability to interact positively with a variety of personalities and socio-economic populations.
- The ability to work in a team environment and provide support to fellow team members is essential.
- Problem-solving skills, organizational skills, time management skills, and excellent oral and written communications skills are essential.
- Proficiency in a variety of computer software applications is required including Microsoft Office Suite, email, and Internet applications.
- Generally, working in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending, with the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 15 pounds required.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position may sometimes require overtime and/or evening hours.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
- Experience in the administration of federal youth programs preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED -
Under the supervision of the WIOA Youth Program Coordinator, provide career counseling, intensive job readiness coaching, job search and placement assistance, case management, work experience placement and monitoring, training/re-training and follow up services to WIOA-eligible youth. This is a Full-Time, Temporary, Grant-Funded position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts outreach and recruitment of youth customers.
- Facilitates WIOA program orientation sessions, determines program eligibility, and assists with youth enrollment.
- Conducts various assessments to determine youth employment, education, and training needs.
- Provides assistance and support to youth in the obtainment of a GED, HSE, or AHS credential.
- Maintains and documents case narratives in an effective, efficient, and timely manner.
- Assists youth with career planning, decision-making, and goal setting.
- Monitors and tracks youth placements, employment and trainings, and performance outcomes.
- Establishes work experience sites, continually monitors and evaluates youths’ performance and progress, and conducts follow-up with employers and youth.
- Develops and retains an employer/business/community organization network for employment opportunities.
- Works collaboratively with DHHS Business Services Representative to ensure successful Work Experience placements, and on-the-job training opportunities.
- Establishes and maintains a thorough knowledge of an array of career paths/occupations, and local employer/business needs.
- Identifies and connects youth to occupational training that will provide skills needed to gain employment.
- Manages day-to-day employer relationships and addresses areas of concern in a timely manner.
- Identifies and refers youth to community programs to address barriers to employment and needed services.
- Facilitates and/or plans monthly youth job readiness workshops and service activities.
- Participates in and/or plans Career/Job Fairs and Community Resource Fairs.
- Implements and oversees Summer Enrichment Program for in-school youth.
- Arranges transportation services for eligible youth for education, work experience, training or employment purposes.
- Submits program reports and all other required documentation to WIOA Youth Program Coordinator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact