133 James Sprunt Dr. Kenansville, NC 28349
Closes: Friday, November 27, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Experience in the development and delivery of adult education programs and services.
Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to Education, Workforce, and or/Economic Development or Industry-Related. Bilingual; Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
Some community college experience and teaching experience.
Plan, develop, create, and assist in implementation and oversight of the continuing education and workforce development programs as well as the personnel in the Workforce Development and Continuing Education Department; coordinate programs with area businesses and industries; schedule courses; recruit qualified part-time instructors, work closely with the College Recruiter and Director of Marketing to advertise, publicize, and recruit students for various course offerings to include occupational extension and personal enrichment courses. Responsible for responding to local demand for training and programs, and the overall effectiveness of courses offered in the Workforce Development/Continuing Education Department. This position reports to the Associate Vice President of Workforce Development and Continuing Education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule occupational extension and personal enrichment courses.
- Create and develop new course offerings as needed.
- Manage program and instructional needs within the allotted budget.
- Maintain syllabi, course records, and submit reports relevant to the department.
- Work with the supervisor to create departmental policies and procedures.
- Recommend budget and equipment needs.
- Advise Associate Vice President of departmental and institutional concerns and needs.
- Identify a set of annual goals and objectives for self and department.
- Work closely with the College Recruiter and Director of Marketing to promote the advertising of courses, and to coordinate efforts to recruit students.
- Assist in the supervision, and conduct annual evaluations of adjunct instructors in WD/CE.
- Participate in professional organizations as requested by the administration.
- Attend appropriate workshops and training as requested by the supervisor.
- Coordinate departmental program registration process.
- Coordinate the evaluation of the effectiveness of courses and programs.
- Coordinate schedules of courses and instructor schedules.
- Work with the CE Registrar to ensure all necessary paperwork is submitted for ICR.
- Assist and provide information as needed for external funding proposals and grants.
- Communicate and coordinate activities related to the department with other areas of the college.
- Assist with equipment and software maintenance.
- Acquire computer/technology competencies as appropriate to the position.
- Maintain security of personal computer access.
- Perform other professional or job-related duties as assigned.
- Serve on college committees as directed by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Flexible schedule (able to work evenings and weekends as needed).
Proficiently operate a computer and related software.
Use active listening skills.
Be organized, with a flexible attitude.
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Function in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to show initiative and self-direction.
Proven ability to concurrently address issues of various levels of complexity.
Ability to communicate effectively through speech and writing.
Ability to identify, communicate, and analyze problems.
Ability to take ownership and utilize constructive feedback.
Must be punctual, professional, and conduct oneself in an ethical manner.
Ability to plan and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work respectfully within a team environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skill, and abilities.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to Education, Workforce, and or/Economic Development or Industry-Related. Bilingual; Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
Required: Experience in the development and delivery of adult education programs and services.
Preferred: Some community college experience and teaching experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus. May require travel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisor personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION:
James Sprunt Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College prohibits discrimination against any person (including staff, faculty, or student body) based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or age.
If you need accommodations, please contact 910-296-2400.