Closes: Friday, December 13, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution and 1 to 2 years of related work experience in a corporate or educational environment.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Education or related field
- Detailed oriented and well organized, who can work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated success in achieving numeric goals
- Computer proficiency in desktop applications with database experience
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
Coordinator Workplace Learning position is a multi-campus position.
Overview of Department/Division
Central Piedmont Community College’s Workplace Learning includes the Apprenticeship Charlotte, Co-op, and Internship programs.
This position will primarily work with students interested in the co-op and internship programs on Harper and Central campus. Co-op (also referred to as work-based learning) and internship allows students to blend classroom learning with practical work experience. Instead of attending class in a traditional classroom, students work with an employer in a position directly related to their field of study. Some of the day-to-day responsibilities will include communicating with employers through phone, email, and in person about CPCC’s Workplace Learning programs, assisting students with reaching their career and work-based learning experience goals and to promoting open work-based learning opportunities to targeted program of studies.
Plans and coordinates the work-based learning programs for various programs and the College; performs key administrative functions to support the program.
Characteristics Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works closely with academic departments in supporting the integration between classroom learning and work-based learning. Provides training for faculty coordinators, administrators and staff.
2. Serves as a liaison between students, faculty and employers regarding administrative and operating requirements for the work-based learning program.
3. Functions as the primary contact for employers. The coordinator is responsible for recruiting employers, managing student work-based learning opportunities and conducting initial site visits.
4. Markets work-based learning opportunities to prospective students. Develops marketing strategies for targeted industries and student populations. Participates in campus resource days, career fairs and other events for student recruitment. Utilizes technology to promote work-based learning.
5. Meets with students one-on one- to assist them in the work-based learning process. Counsels students on guidelines and assesses eligibility. Promotes the development of employment skills. Advises students on procedures throughout the semester.
6. Processes work-based learning paperwork and maintains complete student records and documentation in compliance with state regulations. Collaborates with the Compliance and Audit department to meet institutional reporting requirements.
7. Utilizes Datatel and other software in monitoring, assessing and collecting data. Designs assessment instruments. Monitors and records student, faculty and employer contact.
8. Provides program services in collaboration with other coordinators and under the leadership of the Senior Coordinator and Director.
9. Networks on a local, national and international level.
10. Participates in professional development training. Stays current on software applications, assessment tools, and methods to best meet the mission of the program.
11. Participates in special projects as a representative of the program.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Knowledge of principles of experiential learning and career counseling
Knowledge of job market salaries and occupational trends
Knowledge of principals and methods of marketing, electronic marketing and program promotion
Knowledge of laws, and procedures related to work-based learning
Knowledge of database management and/or spreadsheet application
Knowledge of workforce demographics and analysis, career trends
Strong communication skills
Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
How to Apply
Job Post Contact