Main Campus (Dobson, NC)
Closes: Sunday, January 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s degree in Office Systems Technology or related field; three years experience within an office or customer service setting.
Experience/proficiency in the use of standard office productivity software, desktop publishing software, and basic data successfully in a periodically high-volume environment, handling multiple tasks and project simultaneously with little direct supervision.
This position is characterized by the performance of a variety of administrative and reporting duties as directed by the VP of Workforce, Technologies, and Community Education. This position requires a strong knowledge of office management in order to communicate information involving programs, functions, and services, and requires confidentiality.
This position will have direct access to confidential information that should not be disclosed directly or indirectly to others for any other purpose than to perform the essential duties of this position.
• Provides direct support to the VP Workforce, Technologies, and Community Education.
• Assist Executive Director, Coordinator of WTCE, and Program Directors (as time allows) with administrative tasks including but not limited to creating and managing documents, filing, copying, shredding, taking minutes, research, event preparation and support, mailings.
• Assists with general office duties including maintaining files, copying, typing, scanning documents, creating and maintaining reports, maintaining office equipment, assisting in organization and facilitation of meetings/workshops, maintain room-scheduling software (25Live) and general operational duties.
• Maintain an excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
• Maintain knowledge of the duties and functions of the assigned staff in order to provide appropriate support. Be knowledgeable of other areas of the college in order to further direct inquiries.
• Assisting with scheduling the VP for Workforce, Technologies, and Community Education calendar and commitments.
• Creating and maintaining electronic contractual services, instructional services and employment agreements.
• Track student funding requests and assist as needed.
• Assisting in creation and oversight of documentation required for meeting minutes and reports.
• Ability to answer questions from prospective students or other visitors coming into the office, on the phone, or through email.
• Answer multi-line telephone and return calls from voicemail, and deliver messages to students/teachers.
• Research SCC website to ensure program information is correct and up-to-date.
• Compiling instructor/class evaluation information.
• Compiling information for program specific annual reports.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
See complete job description at https://jobs.surry.edu/postings/11260.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact