WTCE Payroll & Internal Compliance Specialist
Main Campus (Dobson, NC)
Closes: Friday, March 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate in Applied Science in Office Systems Technology or related field; two years of experience in Payroll or Accounting or two years’ experience in an educational office setting.
Experience, proficiency in the use of integrated software; strong organizational skills with ability to coordinate multiple tasks and schedules; excellent communication and interpersonal skills for interacting with faculty, staff and students
The WTCE Payroll & Internal Compliance Specialist assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of CE course payroll and Institutional Class Reporting (ICR) auditing functions and duties. The WTCE Payroll & Internal Compliance Specialist carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: Internal audit functions including checking class paperwork in preparation for Compliance Reviews. Prepares and submits payroll for part-time WTCE instructors to Business Office for processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Checks pay and attendance for payroll processing and readiness for Institutional Class Reporting. Works with WTCE program specialists providing monthly payroll checklists to make necessary corrections for ICR reporting and audit compliance in conjunction with the Coordinator of WTCE.
- Compiles payroll for submission to Business Office using Informer reports to look for any errors in Colleague system.
- Compiles payroll reports as necessary and provides estimates to the Business Office on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Provides reports for instructors/directors with instructor teaching hour totals.
- Compiles Employment Security Commission Reports for Business Office as requested.
- Checks all completed contracts/section packets for ICR, examining for accuracy and making necessary changes in the Colleague system for reporting by the WTCE Coordinator.
- Prepares all WTCE paperwork for final ICR checkoff in conjunction with the Coordinator of WTCE.
- Files completed ICR packets both in Etrieve and as paper documents.
- Prepares files for the WTCE Coordinator to assist with the annual compliance review (audit).
- Maintains and enters course outlines into Colleague and Etrieve.
- Assists WTCE Coordinator with training new/current employees on ICR paperwork compliance.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact