Central Piedmont Community College (WTVI-PBS Charlotte Campus)
Closes: Tuesday, May 21, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution and 4 to 6 years of work related experience
Six years’ experience in public television
This position will be instrumental in setting the strategic vision and implementation of effective fundraising efforts which include on-air, online, direct mail, foundations, corporations, major donor cultivation and grants.
* This job is bonus eligible per the terms and conditions agreed upon in the original offer and in accordance with all applicable CPB rules regarding bonuses and commissions
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Takes the lead in effective development, planning and execution of all development strategies.
2. Organizes, cultivates, and solicits annual gifts, planned giving and grants from individuals and corporations, foundations and others.
3. Works with promoters to secure ticket deals for on-air fundraising please.
4. Develops a strategic plan for single and multi-year resource development.
5. Collaboratively works with the General Manager to develop, implement, revise and evaluate ongoing development plans and activities.
6. Maintains accurate donor records.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Ability to interact with community leaders and potential donors and build relationships
Ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community
Effective communication skills
Knowledge in donor prospecting, research, database, and project management
Ability to plan, organize and direct multiple programs, campaigns and events
Knowledge of basic accounting and fiscal management principles
Job Post Contact