Lee Main Campus
Closes: Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree in Social Work, Public Administration, Education or related field, AND At least two years of experience successfully working with at-risk-youth or young adults in a job training program; OR
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Public Administration, Education or related field, AND extensive related experience.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated ability in youth development, employment training and/or familiarity with YouthBuild model.
- Public speaking skills and excellent listening and written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn from young people.
- Experience with WIOA programs.
- Experience with federally-funded programs.
Community College or Higher Education experience
YouthBuild programs provide pathways for youth and young adults who are out-of-school and out of work to a living wage job. All over the world, YouthBuild programs unleash the positive energy of low-income young people to rebuild their communities and their lives, breaking the cycle of poverty with a commitment to work, education, family, and community. Over the next 3 years, Central Carolina Community College's program will work to enroll and graduate approximately 67 students (ages 16-24) from high school equivalency and non-credit courses in Building Construction, HVAC, and Nurse Aide with a goal of continuing their pathways into curriculum programs.
Through YouthBuild, young people learn construction skills through building affordable housing for homeless and low-income people in their neighborhoods while they complete their GED or prepare for post-secondary education or apprenticeships in the building trades.
The YouthBuild Project Director will coordinate and oversee the educational, leadership development, counseling, and workforce components of this project. In addition, the YouthBuild Project Director will engage/mentor a caseload of YouthBuild participants. This is a grant-funded position with an anticipated grant end date of May 30, 2022 with the possibility of the grant being renewed by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Supervise the daily operations of the YouthBuild program, including the coordination of the education, construction, life skills, job placement, leadership, and case management components. The Project Director will supervise the YouthBuild Educational Navigator.
- Develop and implement a program participant recruiting strategy.
- Ensure the educational, vocational and/or job placement of YouthBuild graduates, in coordination with other YouthBuild staff.
- Manage the YouthBuild contract(s) and budget, including ensuring allowability of costs, tracking expenses, and appropriately distributing and documenting participant support funding.
- Manage all grant reporting and data tracking per Department of Labor YouthBuild and YouthBuild USA requirements. Ensure accurate and timely reporting and that project is meeting program outcomes.
- Cultivate and maintain community partnerships to achieve YouthBuild outcomes; manage Memorandums of Agreements (MOAs) and other key collaborations.
- Develop systems and program operations in conjunction with YouthBuild and other agency staff and participants. Maintain a focus on continuous quality improvement.
- Participate in YouthBuild USA committees, training opportunities and events as needed; ensure continuous improvement via YouthBuild USA certifications and affiliation..
- Engage/mentor a caseload of 30-35 students using an intrusive advising model guided by an appreciative advising approach. Create and monitor Individualized Service Strategy Plans for each YouthBuild participant in conjunction with Educational Navigator.
- Plan leadership conferences and overnight leadership retreats for YouthBuild participants.
- Develop and manage a mentoring program for YouthBuild participants.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.